{ japanese washi tape + entertaining, part III }

Good morning all! I hope everyone had a great Saint Patty’s Day. Now we can officially roll up our sleeves and get ready for Easter! I just love Easter, the beautiful pastels, spring tulips and all the yummy goodies that go along with it (as you will see below in the pics I have a thing for Peeps:) ). How about you, what’s your favorite part of Easter?

Today’s post is about applying Washi tape to cake stands and serving plates. I absolutely love how it dresses up a simple white serving plate and the cake stands are precious. My theme was Easter but these tapes are perfect for dressing up any serving ware you have for what ever occasion may be around the corner.

Enjoy the photos and at the end I will talk about applications.

Japanese Washi Tape and Entertaining
Japanese Washi Tape and Entertaining
Japanese Washi Tape and Entertaining
Japanese Washi Tape and Entertaining
Japanese Washi Tape and Entertaining
Japanese Washi Tape and Entertaining
Japanese Washi Tape and Entertaining
Japanese Washi Tape and Entertaining
Japanese Washi Tape and Entertaining
Japanese Washi Tape and Entertaining

Application:

The white serving plates & candy bowl where so super easy and very straight forward to decorate. The thin strips where created by adhering the washi tape to vellum paper and cutting the width in half. If you look closely to the candy bowl you will see that the bottom edge is scalloped. I just used a scalloped edge craft scissors to get that effect.

The cake stands where a little more work. Again, I adhered the washi tape to vellum and then with a craft punch I created the bunny edging effect (the craft punch is made by Martha Stewart and I got it at Michael’s). It was a bit more difficult to take the washi tape off the vellum because of all the detail in the craft punch but you only need a couple of strips so totally worth the end result!

Have you all had a chance to play around with Washi tape? I would love to hear/see what you’ve created.

Oh and don’t forget to enter our Japanese Washi Tape Give Away. Click here for more information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tags: , , , ,

14 Responses to“{ japanese washi tape + entertaining, part III }”

1. Wow! You really outdid yourself. I see that you got back in there with the craft punches – and they look AMAZING. You’ve inspired me to use the many rolls of washi tape I have. Thanks!

2. admin says:

Thank you so much for your support! ~ Elizabeth

3. Rachel says:

Aww, this sis so cute! I love washi tape. Thanks so much for the great ideas, I’ll be linking.

4. The Fairy says:

This is even better than the vases! Love the platters and the cake dome. So cute!

5. Stephanie says:

Hi there! Everything looks so lovely! I was just wondering whether you could tell me where the bunny silhouette tape comes from. Have a great weekend, Stephanie

6. admin says:

Hi Stephanie!

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments!

I used “Martha Stewart ‘Bunnies in Grass’ Edge Punch” purchased at Michael’s on Washi tape. I first place the Washi tape on vellumn then used the craft punch. Then, I very carefully pull the washi tape off the vellumn and ad-hear to the item I would like to decorate.

Happy Decorating!
    Elizabeth

~ Elizabeth

7. Stephanie says:

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks so much for getting back to me! You are just too clever! I will have to see what I can come up with as I live in Australia and the supply of Martha Stewart products is very limited and pricey. I am thinking maybe I could punch out bunnies with a craft punch? I will do some experimenting!

Happy Easter to you,
    Stephanie

8. [...] ver más ideas sobre como aplicar la cinta Washi AQUI . « Guirnaldas para [...]

9. [...] over at To Be Charmed has really outdone herself!  She has multiple pages of pictures and directions on how to use the [...]

10. GRACE says:

 I am Grace from Somitape co,.td. My factory has produced Japanese washi tape. We can print any designs. att-ment(附件) is our product pictures. I promise it is our product indeed, not agent. So the price is very good for you. The most important is that our price is much cheaper than MT, and the quality is same as MT. if any we can help,pls contact me by this email 624707441@qq.com .Thank you very much.

{ post your comment }